Sunday, July 24, 2005

Street Life

I found this slide show in my archives. It started with a feature that the Times did last year on summer street life of an Inwood block. I combined it with similar studies done over the years by Evans, Byron and Rosenblum. Food for project thought? Again the concept of home is not restricted to the four walls. I tried to give the slides that had more text more time, but you can freeze the slide show by clicking (lightly) on individual frames it when it downloads. Clicking again will resume the show. Clicking and holding down on the slide show allows the option to download it to your hard drive.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I dig the music. Isn't that Pearl Jones' theme song?

Anonymous said...

What do mean by that? Do you want me to come over there and rip your heart out?

Tony Jones

David Ballela said...

Hey Tony, I didn't write that-Arnie probably did.
He was probably talking about how she used that song
for a powepoint on the history of street names a few years ago. If not and he was being fresh I can give you his address.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it wasn't me, you know how honest I am, I would have signed my name. Probably Dr. Ringel wrote that or maybe Ivan Kushner.

Arnie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was probably Ivan.

Lenny

David Ballela said...

Could have been Julie 2 bagger

Anonymous said...

What about that Joan woman who supposedly wrote those poison pen letters?

Mindy

Anonymous said...

Can I use Pearl's powerpoint for the NYLearn's site

Linda