Monday, July 25, 2005

Dead Man's Curve









One more trip around dead man's curve before getting back on track-with good reason. I was asked to create an inquiry activity for NYC buildings. I decided to use a grouping of NY Then and Now Pictures. I also wanted something different then the usual wriitten response assignment. Investigating online graphic organizers I found some good sites www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/graphic_organizers.htm, www.venndiagram.com/venn01.html, www.eduplace.com/graphicorganizer/. I modified a venn diagram to create a compare and contrast venn. These organizers can come in handy in creating some different project forms for "Home, etc." They can also be invaluable for literacy work. Here's an organizer that accompanies the picture above. To learn about the dead man's curve that existed at Union Square click on the picture above left.

No comments: