Sunday, August 14, 2005

Pixels, Pickles and Tickles

I don't want a pickle, Just want to ride on my motorsickle And I don't want a tickle, 'Cause I'd rather ride on my motorsickle. And I don't want to die, I just want to ride on my motorcy...cle. But I do want a pickle, and a tickle. If you looked closely at the picture of the Rivington Street synagogue from the Times' story you would notice that there was a saloon on the SW corner of Rivington and Ludlow in 1911. George Ehret's Lager is being advertised. According to the folks from Kisseloff's book, there was a pickle store on every one of the other corners of the old LES. We haven't heard from them in a while. The Pickle Guys are just about the lone survivors now and they are very good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G.I. Joooooe!

-D.V.

(I think that my favorite PSA is either the "Porkchop Sandwiches" one or the one at the Carnival)

Anonymous said...

...Actually, my favorite is now the one with the GI Joe Character that says "Hey Kid...I'm A Computer."

-D.V.