Thursday, February 01, 2007

Great Leap Forward

What are the chances Joel Klein has this on his ipod?

may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Alastair Campbell spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's disappointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathise with her but he thinks that he should warn her
That in forty five minutes they can have those missiles flying (yeah right!)

In the former Soviet Union the citizens demand
To know why they're still the target of strategic air command
And they shake their fists in anger and respectfully suggest
We take the money from our missles and spend it on the NHS (Why wasn't that in the budget?)

Cold War now is over but the stakes are getting higher
I'm frightened of colateral damage and of friendly fire
And I don't believe we can defeat no axis of evil
By putting smart bombs in the hands of dumb people

Mixing Pop and Politics they ask me what the use is
I offer them my accupuncturist and my massuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where my mum is waiting
I'm looking for the New World Order (You know where our country is in the new world order? Right up the arse of the United States Of America)

Jumble sales are organised all my mates got fat
Even after all this time you can still send me a fax
You can be active with the activists
Or sleepin' with the media
While you're waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

One leap forward, two leaps back
Let's give the House Of Lords the sack (Before I have to write a bloody song about it! Christ!)

here comes the future and you can't run from it
If you've got a website I want to be on it

In a perfect world we'd all sing in tune
but sod that Nora Jones shit I can't be bothered, waiting for the bollocks the i'm a punk rocker

Balls and bears, balls and bears, is there anyone out there dealing shares
On their mobile phones at a Billy Bragg gig, we can sniff you out you know

So join the struggle while you may
The Revolution is just an ethical hair-cut away
When your waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

No comments: