Sunday, February 04, 2007

BS Bingo

My thanks to ELCookie for sending me this. I modified the word inserts and created an actual sample playing card that will print out to the correct proportions. At the end of the message I provided a site that is a jargon generator:
Do you keep falling asleep in teacher meetings and inservices? Here's a way to
change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, inservice or staff development,
prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5" x 5" is a good size. Divide
the card into columns-five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch
blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block: * no child left
behind * test scores * core competencies * communication * standards * multiple
exposures * benchmarks * proactive * win-win * think outside the box * action
plan * result-driven * assessments * knowledge base * at the end of the day *
touch base * mindset * differentiated * retention * skills * background
knowledge * effective learning * exemplars * implementation * reflection
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/ phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally stand up
and shout "BS!"
TESTIMONIALS from satisfied "BS Bingo" players: -- "I had been in the meeting
for only five minutes when I won." - Adam W., Atlanta -- "My attention span at
inservices has improved dramatically. " - David T., Orlando -- "What a gas!
Staff development will never be the same
for me after my first win." - Dan J., New York City -- "The atmosphere was
tense in the last inservice as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben G,
Denver -- "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BS!' for the third
time in two hours. The BS Bingo Championship will be played at the next
inservice." -Rod H., Nashville. "I couldn't have done better, I wish I could have marketed this"-Kyle Haver
http://www.sciencegeek.net/lingo.html

No comments: