Monday, February 19, 2007

C Jam Blues

We have one of those new giant monitors in the office and the principal wants to display pics of the kids at work and other special events. After the science teacher and I were futzing around (I must be the last person in the world who doesn't have one of these) with the monitor inputs from a computer situated behind an adjoining wall, I decided that the best way is to justy hook up a DVD player to it. (We weren't able to figure out how to view both monitors at the same time, what do you expect-it was a pc). In that way I'm not occupying a processor and I don't have to be around to start and start any looped movie-somebody can just do it from the front with a remote. So what I'm doing now is converting a lot of my slide shows to a DVD format. I also thought it would be cool to make a DVD about various aspects of Harlem. In that way I get a chance to play around with my favorite old time big band jazz cuts (lunceford, ellington, basie, henderson, etc.). The trick is to make sure that your images are big enough for a full screen. It also helps when you want to youtube. Some of these I "borrowed" from a flciker type site. I'm awaiting approval. Some of them are my own. The music is C Jam Blues by the Duke. I think it works. I think I'll add this to my list of ideas. In time more and more schools will have these (it's so corporate!) and it would be nice that part of their loop would be a unique school community type loop.
youtube removed

No comments: