Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Let's Take A Walk Around The LES Blocks

This was one of several scavenger hunt worksheets for my aborted post LES Tenement Museum tour of yesterday. I had a sheet like this for 4 blocks that were contiguous to the museum. After thinking beforehand about what would be a good activity I decided on one that would just require limited explanation and more exploration. The kids could go in groups with one adult assigned to each. I wasn't sure how many students there would be since it was a day I wasn't at the school and would just be meeting them on the LES. I also thought that the odds were high that any lecturing would be "mad" boring to the 8th graders after the museum docents. I also took a lot of pictures prior to the visit and later looked at them to decipher a pattern that they showed. The old and new theme was apparent.

No comments: