Thursday, July 27, 2006

New And Improved

That's Derek and his mom. He's perennially improved. God Bless Him. I'm constantly looking for a solution for all that wasted sidebar space and I've been playing with code to figure out how to fill it. Blogs are so simple, but one of their weaknesses vs. traditional websites is the linking to older information. I started putting together some of my favorite posts in the sidebar. I'm exhausted just doing the necessary html work to get the top 5, eventually there will be 10. I owe my survival at boring educational meetings to the creation of the top ten most boring or ridiculous things that occured at those functions. It expanded to other areas. I circulated this top ten list to some like minded people in my former school. I suspect some rat fink got a hold of it and brought it to the principal to earn browny points and extra per session. It's been censored from its original form. There's also a connection between this and the recent mention of jargon, but I'll spare you the synchronicity factor.
The Top Ten Things To Love About The New PS..
1. The feeling of freeness you get when there’s no one really in charge
2. The upward mobility that allows a school secretary to rise to great heights of power.
3. The excitement of not knowing of which version of Ms. .. will appear and whether a certified letter will show up in your mail.
4. Trying to answer the age-old riddle of “How many teachers and administrators does it take to program a school. Most of them earning per session.”
5. The bonus travel package provided by the LIS’ in house school tours,
6. The security of recognizing that there will always be a strong union presence as long as Ms… perseveres.
7. The growing inventory of state of the art unused computers
8. Innovative programs like “The Top Ten Things To Love About PS...”
9. The absence of clutter, and for those without morals, the absence of a moral core.
10. Customary announcements

No comments: