Monday, July 10, 2006

Come Back Shane

Another film favorite of my dad and I was Shane. Recently, I found that the book, by Jack Schaefer, was part of many school reading lists. I always thought it was from an original screenplay. Exploring the web I found that there are sites that have entire movie scripts available. Interesting literacy possibilities! Here's what I did. I took part of the script and combined it with a portion of the movie. Using Quicktime Pro I made it into a captioned segment: Adding a Text Track to a QuickTime Movie With QuickTime Pro, you can import a text file into a QuickTime movie.To add a text track: Create a text file containing the text you want in the movie, and save the file as text only (.txt).Separate each paragraph with a Carriage Return character. Each paragraph appears in a separate frame of the movie. By default, each text frame is displayed for 2 seconds.In QuickTime Player, choose File > Open File and select the text file. You can then copy the selected text file to the highlighted portion of the movie you want by using the command “add to movie” Here's the movie clip

No comments: