Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Joey Refills

I cut Joey off by mistake, there's more: "..that most of the glaze decomposed onto the stove leaving the pot fuming and sputtering steam. Needless to say I was determined, having planned and stammered my way through a series of self-accusatory monologues to prevent such an occurrence from happening again. How to disallow this occurrence? This is how I posed the question. By the way, when you get a chance, in case of emergency, I forgot where I wrote down the number to call in case of police emergency. Do you think you might be able to explain to me, when you get a chance how I might find it on Google or something. I know it begins 911 but I’ve forgotten the rest of it and I’d just like to have it handy. You know just in case. Again, I’m thinking preventive, which is what this is all about. So anyway, I’m going to skip to the chase. Today I made sure to fill the coffee pot high with H20 and then put a teensy tiny little flame under it. In fact the truth is what I did was light a match and hold it to that bad boy’s bottom. See what I’m saying. That’s what I call a slow roasted cup of joe. I’m talking about two hours for one cup of the most subtle brew that was ever tendered. So. I believe I have learned from yesterday’s folly and also, at the same time have figured out a way to save calories on my morning cup. Usually I take my coffee with two of those little sugar packets. Now, after breaking open the packets and pouring in the sugar, I’m throwing the paper part away. Whereas previously I would simply stir it in the boiling mixture until, eventually - sometimes with the help of a blender - it resulted in a froth fullness. Because of the contribution of the paper I would refer to this as the ‘literate latte’ and actually tried to sell the idea to Starbucks - after patenting it of course. No luck there. I can’t remember exactly what they said but I can guarantee you one thing. They missed the point. And the boat. Trenchant indeed."

No comments: