Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hail And Farewell

Part 2 of the 2005 graduation video. I tried to build to a climax to provide some appropriate tribute to the Doc and the late, great Stewie Weiner. Hail And Farewell was always Doc's signature goodbye. It originates from the Marx Brothers. Here's some dialogue from a Turner Classics' listserve: What's your favorite film? "Monkey Business." A lot of memorable scenes. The "closet" scene with Thelma Todd. The "Chevalier" bit trying to get off the boat. Groucho narrating the fight in the barn. Great dialogue. A favorite line is when a lady faints and Groucho urges the crowd to close in so she won't recover.
"Horse Feathers" and "Duck Soup" are at the top of my list with "MB."
Off the top of my head - What is the name of the play being worked on in "Room Service?".
Wasn't it "Hail and Farewell?"
Correct. I like to say that to folks when I say goodbye.
I'll try and come up with something else soon. Don't want to make them too easy.
For now, "Hail and Farewell."

No comments: