Monday, July 17, 2006

Democracy In Action

While a million people protest the presidential election in Mexico (Arise ye workers from your slumbers Arise ye criminals of want For reason in revolt now thunders and at last ends the age of cant), here at pseudo-intellectualism we herald our own brand of pseudo democracy. With Chuck Jones' help (of Marla Maples' fame) we've narrowed down the many wonderful dancing shoes on display at Joel and Deanna's wedding to 10. Check out the choices (click on the picture to enlarge) and cast your ballot in the poll on the right. In addition, the people have asked for the lyrics of Boogie Woogie Dancing Shoes, here they are:
I've been working all week saving my emotions
For Saturday night when I use my potion
To put on a face, pretty clothes
I'm dressed to kill
It's the one night a week I feel free to obey my will
A magic spell that will tie and tango
Magic shoes and a diamond spangle
I will hypnotize your mind by the way that I move
When you see a thousand stars dance around my shoes
Chorus-Repeat
Boogie oogie boogie woogie dancing shoes
Keep me dancing all night
Boogie oogie boogie woogie dancing shoes
Make me queen for a night
Saturday night is my night of power
When the music's playing, comes my magic hour
It's a close encounter with a force that's controlling my feet
It's a once in a lifetime feeling that returns every week
Chorus-Repeat

No comments: