Sunday, December 02, 2007

PS 177: Circa 1956-7


Sometime in 2000 (that's the time stamp on this image which I just found today on an archived CD), I had the occasion to visit the nyc public school archives located at Columbia Teacher's College. A really nice guy named David Ment was the curator of the "Special Collections." I was getting resources for teachers doing research projects to fulfill the requirements of a grant. I told David that I went to 177 and lo and behold he comes back with a couple of prize pictures. Evidently the board of ed had photographers come around to document special events. Wouldn't you know it it was of my class? I think it's from the 4th grade. The very much beloved Beverly Feuer was the teacher.
Note: The KV boys were given the task of coming of with the imagined conversation that was occurring between Bob Simmons on the left and Steve Needle on the right. This is a good one (others were good, but not suitable for publication) that came from Bob
Simmons: "Nancy has real breasts, just look!" Needle: "Maybe, but we have a math test coming up--long division is more important!"

No comments: