Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'm Spending Hanukkah In Santa Monica


I wish I was
I did this last year and it was a victim of my youtube "kristallnacht"
now there are about a half dozen lehrer adaptations on youtube (mine was the only one last year). I still think this one was better

I'm spending Hanukkah, in Santa Monica,
Wearing sandals lighting candles by the sea.
I spent Shavuos, in East St. Louis,
A charming spot but clearly not the spot for me.

Those eastern winters, I can't endure 'em,
So every year I pack my gear
And come out here to Purim.

Rosh Hashona, I spend in Arizona,
And Yom Kippa, way down in Mississippa.
But in Decemba, there's just one place for me.
'Mid the California flora,
I'll be lighting my menorah.
Every California maid'll
Find me playing with a dreidl.
Santa Monica, spending Hanukkah by the sea

No comments: