Monday, August 14, 2006

Brooklyn History Class

The new pseudo mini obsession is stocking Bell Of Confusion with Brooklyn history sources. An idea came to me (while driving on Route 1A near Essex, Mass) -Bell of Confusion, with Brooklyn Genealogy resources, could be a model of a local history site for some Brooklyn schools-combining primary documents, images and school histories. Here's a slide show with old penny postcards of Brooklyn. I combined with music from that terrific sit-com show called Brooklyn Bridge which I'm anxiously awaiting someone to reissue on DVD or at the very least broadcast reruns.
Art Garfunkel's lyrics for the theme song:
A world of its own,
The streets where we played,
The friends on every corner were the best we ever made.
The backyards, and the school yards
And the trees that watched us grow,
The days of love when dinner time was all you had to know.
Whenever I think of yesterday,
I close my eyes and see,
That place Just Over The Brooklyn Bridge
That will always be home to me.
It'll always be home to me.

No comments: