Thursday, August 17, 2006

Blogging On The Outside, Crying On The Inside


My hard drive crashed without warning. Since my firewire port had not been functioning I hadn't backed up all my data. The data I did back up, I have no clear idea as to where it is. Self loathing, normally on elevated alert, is now severe. Apple Care will take care of the hard drive and a logic board (that is probably the cause of the malfunctioning port), but I'm out about $1200 for revovery and other non-warrantied incidentals. Kudos however to Matt at Tekserve for being a sympathetic and understanding soul. I'm trying hard to take it in stride since, like in Albert Brooks' "Lost In America", the nameless have no concept of the nest egg and it is being cracked to bits anyway-so why not enjoy the scrambled eggs. Eventually all will be totally jokeless and yokeless.Here's the theme of the day as sung by Dinah Shore (without the love for me or you)
The lyrics:
The crowd sees me out dancing, carefree and romancing. Happy with my someone new
I'm laughing on the outside, crying on the inside 'cause I'm still in love with you
The see me night and daytime, having such a great time. They don't know what I go through
I'm laughing on the outside, crying on the inside 'cause I'm still in love with you
No one knows it's just a pose. Pretending I'm glad we're apart
But when I cry my eyes are dry. The tears are in my heart
Darling, can't we make up? Ever since our breakup Make believe is all I do
I'm laughing aon the outside, crying on the inside 'cause I'm still in love with you

No comments: