Thursday, March 01, 2007

I Didn't Have The Horse Right Here 2

That's the famous Ira Brustein above: A man with that elusive ability of being able to listen to a woman (and therefore reap the awards), a graduate of Tilden HS, Brooklyn College and The School of Hard Knocks, former proprietor in the 1970's-early 80's of the Rosey Tomatoe in Park Slope, and now a limo driver. I hadn't seen him for a few years and then bumped into him at the OTB on 5th Avenue and 12th Street in Brooklyn while placing a losing bet on Keen Spirit (I still love you Max). I tried to make one of my cinema verite podcasts, but my recorder (strung around my neck) was flopping around causing static. Still, I think you get the spirit of being among the lumpen proletariat (or sub-lumpen or semi-proletariat-but still preferrable to the likes of Bloom/Klein

No comments: