Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween, Et Tu?

This young LES school leader advertises himself online as the "punk principal." I met him on Monday as I attempted to do a pro bono document based project involving old student record cards (primary resources) with his 4th or 5th graders. It would be a replication of a really great project once done at the once great PS20 here's a link back to a July 2005 entry about that project. I confess (part of the "I confess stream" I'm locked into) that I suspected that mine and the records of my old schoolmates from the extinct PS177 might be housed at his school and I was really curious to see them. Me, "I used to work nearby for CSD1." Him, "We were never part of CSD1, our school is in CSD2." The haughty a-hole rejected the idea. That's him above in costume, as I found him online in a group that compares self-made Halloween disguises. I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like something that those that play on the other team are more likely to do? (Not that there's anything wrong with that) What happened to the real leader-principals of yesteryear, like my fellow Stuyvesantian (class of 65), Ivan Kushner?

No comments: