Monday, October 24, 2005

Comic Life

I love using comics to help deliver content to kids. Here's a great new Mac OSX App called Comic Life. Like my favorite app, LiveSlideShow, it's built on the backbone of quicktime. It's $20 for educators. No better endorsement than from another teacher from the savvytechnologist blog:"Comic Life: A talk with Robert Grant and Cris Pearson I discovered Comic Life last April and blogged about it. Since then we’ve installed Comic Life on over 1,000 computers in my school district, and our teachers are finding new uses for it every week. Robert Grant, head coder, and Cris Pearson, UI designer, were good enough to chat with me about Comic Life via Skype recently. We talked a bit about how Comic Life came to be, tossed around some interesting ideas about educational uses, and even heard a bit about some upcoming features. On a technical note, I think the recording turned out pretty well considering that I’m in Minnesota, Robert lives in Charleston, SC, and Cris is in Australia." Here's the address where you can download the podcast of the interview. Here's a slide show I made with comic life using pics from Andy DeSimone's retirement party.

No comments: