Monday, October 27, 2008

Obamas Vs. McCains: Touch My Body


Looks like Obama wins this contest "hands down"
an excerpt from the huffington post: A Cautionary Tale For Conscious Couples, A Learning Opportunity For Us All by Kathlyn and Gay Hendricks, 10/24/08
Ever since we wrote our piece on the Obama marriage, people have been asking us to discuss the marriage of John and Cindy McCain. We found ourselves hesitating, because while their marriage has elements that could teach valuable lessons to us all, it is also a marriage between a recovering drug addict and a deeply traumatized veteran. Such a relationship is difficult to comment on. Even the most straightforward, non-judgmental comment could be perceived by some people as critical of two sub-groups considered off-limits from close observation. Doing some background research changed our mind, however, because Mrs. McCain has discussed her drug addiction in considerable detail out in public. In addition, John McCain claims to have no emotional residue from his time as a prisoner of war, and he also claims to have been unaware of his wife's drug addiction. We don't know whether these claims are an epic act of denial or just another whopper lie from a politician. Either way, they wave a red flag at all of us who hope to enjoy conscious loving in our relationships at home and authentic communication from our political leaders.
The Hug Moment: Body-Talk Of A Devitalized Relationship
After the last presidential debate we had many requests to give our interpretation of the awkward "hug moment" at the end. From a body language perspective, the moment revealed a great deal about the McCain marriage. If you have time, go back and look frame-by-frame at the end of the debate, when the presidential candidates hugged their spouses. Here is a sequence of still shots that capture to a degree some of the points we want to discuss.
Take note of the perfunctory hug, stiffness and lack of contact between the McCains, and compare those bits of body-talk with the way Michelle and Barack Obama greeted each other with smiles and a long hug. They were still hugging when John McCain tried awkwardly to connect with Mrs. Obama. The McCain hug looked as stiff as a puppet show, while the Obama hug looked as natural and graceful as a ballet.


'Cuz they be all up in my business
Like a Wendy interview
But this is private, Between you and I
Touch my body, Put me on the floor
Wrestle me around, Play with me some more
Touch my body, Throw me on the bed
I just wanna make you feel, Like you never did.
Touch my body, Let me wrap my thighs
All around your waist, Just a little taste
Touch my body, Know you like my curves
Come on and give me what I deserve
And touch my body. I'm a treat you like a teddy bear
You won't wanna go nowhere, In the life of luxury
Baby just turn to me
You won't want for nothing boy(Nooo),I will give you plenty joy
Touch my body
Put me on the floor (throw me on the floor) Wrestle me around
Play with me some more,
Touch my body, Throw me on the bed
I just wanna make you feel Like you never did.
Touch my body
Let me wrap my thighs (let me wrap my thighs, around your waist for just a little taste) All around your waist, Just a little taste
Touch my body
Know you like my curves (I know you like it)
Come on and give me what I deserve (Give me what I deserve babe)
And touch my body.
Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Oh yeah oh yeah (every little way you like to touch my body baby)
Touch my body (yeah Yeah ooh ooh baby... Oh Oh, ooh ooh baby)
Touch My Body (uh Uh ooh ooh ooh)
Touch My Body (come on Give Me what I deserve... Oh)

No comments: