Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eldridge Street Synagogue


from youtube user PaulJD2006 who must have obtained it from ny1.com
He writes:
I put this news report up as a companion piece to the St. Brigid's video. I was on the sidelines of the effort to save St. Brigid's until I took a tour of this renovated Synagogue in NY's Lower East Side. I was both knocked out by the elaborate repair of this dilapidated temple and shamed that my people were letting a church as precious to their history slip away without a struggle. This news report is a few years old but I'm pleased to say that the Synagogue has been fully renovated. I'm sorry to say that after a protracted court battle to save St. Brigid's, it seems likely the Archdiocese of New York will prevail and demolish it. October 24, 2007

No comments: